A few things about me

  Being in the Cambridge program has given me a new perspective on my Highschool years and college years to come. Currently I'm in 10th grade and I couldn't be more excited to be almost done with my Highschool education. My name is Destiny Mullings I am 15 years old, 16 in January of 2021 was born and raised in spring valley New York. My household contained both parents, my grandmother, my uncle, my younger sister and 2 dogs. When I was 9 turning 10 my mother decided to move our family to South Carolina, that didn't last very long because a short 6 months into our new life we moved again this time to beautiful Fort Lauderdale Florida where we have lived for the past 5 years going on. Since 6th grade I have been thinking about wanting a better and high education. Everyday I strive to succeed at home and in school. Doing good in school has always been important to me because it makes me and my parents happy to see that I'm doing great or exceeding in my academic career. Throughout my life I have been interested in and played lots of different sport such as basketball, soccer, cross country, softball and recently volleyball. I enjoy partaking in afterschool activities other sports like book club and the BSU (black student union), at one point I was even in  robotics. Although on paper it could seem like I am a social person I am quite the opposite when it comes to meeting new people, I find it kind of intimidating or even scary to put myself out there for others to judge or critique. Disregarding the fact that I am a shy person I have quite a few  friends and acquaintances, I choose to surround myself with people who are working towards the same or a similar goal of success, I find it helps motivate me to not give up when school or life gets tough. Being in the Cambridge program has made it so I am confident in myself and school work whenever I turn something in.











Comments